Kim received her initial SANE training in Mt. Pleasant, TX. in 1996. She received certification as an adult/pediatric SANE from the Office of the Attorney General of Texas in 1999 and International SANE-A from the International Association of Forensic Nurses in 2002, SANE-P from the International Association of Forensic Nurses in 2008, Certified Forensic Nurse From the American College of Forensic Examiners in 2005, and Diplomate of the American Board of Forensic Nurses and Law Enforcement Experts in 2008 and Certified Forensic Consultant. Kim was one of 3 SANE’s that developed the current SANE training curriculum that is taught by the Office of the Attorney General of Texas.
Kim is an Advanced instructor for SAF/VIC, SAF/VIC for Cybercrimes (Sexual Assault/Family Violence Investigator Course) and Advanced Child Abuse Investigations Instructor sponsored by Texas Municipal Police Association. Kim served as Forensic Examiner for Franklin County Sheriff Department for 12 years and Commerce Police Department the last 3 years.
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Certified Adult/Adolescent Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (CA-SANE)
- Certified Pediatric Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (CP-SANE)
- Certified International Sexual Assault Examiner – Adult/Adolescent (SANE-A)
- Certified International Sexual Assault Examiner – Pediatric (SANE-P)
- Certified Forensic Consultant (CFC)
- Diplomate American Board of Forensic Nursing-- American College of Forensic Examiners International (DABFN)
- Diplomate American Board of Law Enforcement Experts-- American College of Forensic Examiners International (DABLEE)
- International Association of Forensic Nurses
- Emergency Nurses Association
- Texas Association Against Sexual Assault
- Texas Sheriff Association